Serbian Ministry of Economy has chosen to not publicly announced candidates for privatization of the state stake in Telekom Srbija for the purpose of the auction to achieve the best possible price, reported local daily Danas. Earlier this month, the Serbian minister in charge of telecommunications – Rasim Lyazhich announced that the preliminary assessment of candidates should be completed by August 17.
A source from the ministry told the newspaper that all eight bids submitted for telecom qualify, but the list of candidates will be published after completion of the process. According to the set requirements, applicants must have assets of at least 2 billion. Euros or an annual revenue of 500 mln. Euros. Eligible will qualify to carry out due diligence of the telecom before submitting their final bids, which will have between 60 and 180 days.
At the same time the largest Russian mobile operator Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) has been officially confirmed interest in potentially participating in the privatization of Telekom Srbija. Before the agency TASS Chief Executive Officer Andrei Dubovskov said that interest in the deal for Telekom Srbija will depend on the asking price and analysis of the financial benefits of such acquisition. At the end of the first quarter MTS serviced over 100 million. Subscribers in Russia, Ukraine, Armenia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Belarus.
According to the same source at an earlier stage have shown interest in Turkcell, BC Partners Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Colbeck Capital Management, as well as Bulgarian BTC. Earlier this month, sources of “Capital” confirmed that the deal was viewed, but as one of them has been made an offer.